Before you schedule an appoinment with a HUD-approved housing counselor, you should download the Arizona Foreclosure Information Workbook. This will give you a great headstart when you see the counselor.
When your appointment has been made, be sure to bring the following:
- Written explanation letter detailing the reason for your mortgage delinquency. Be specific and include details, dates, etc.
- 30 days worth of your most current consecutive pay stubs
- Social Security or Pension award letters
- All W2's or 1099's for the past 2 years
- Complete tax returns for the past 2 years (If self employed, need most recent Profit & Loss statement.)
- All correspondence from all mortgage lenders
- Most recent mortgage statement from all lenders
- Copy of your Hazard Declaration page
- Copy of your most current Property Tax Statement from the county
- Copies of Note, Deed of Trust, Truth in Lending, Good Faith Estimate, and Final HUD settlement statement
- 2 months worth of your most current consecutive bank states. (All pages please.)
- A copy of your Notice of Trustee Sale, if applicable